A Student Development Project means balancing work and study time. So before you dive in, we’re guessing you’ll want to know what’s involved!
We’ve laid out the bare facts below. Or if you want the full details, there’s a sneak preview here that maps the process end to end.
Things you’ll need to know
The programme is:
- Ideal as a Final Year, MSc or MEng Project
- Designed to fit around lectures, seminars and study times
- A first hand insight into the role of IT in business
Your project will need to fit the requirements of your degree scheme but might be:
- Design and implementation of a new IT or software system
- A feasibility study or evaluation
- A pilot scheme or prototype for commercial testing
For you, it’s a chance to:
- Use your technical skills to solve genuine business problems
- Get deep inside a topic and develop your expertise
- Experience the whole life cycle of a software project
- Get ahead of the competition, with some real world experience
And all the business wants from you is:
- Commitment to the project and the working hours agreed
- Respect for sensitive or confidential information
- Freedom to use your solutions when the project comes to an end
Whatever your specialist field, we have companies all over Wales who need the skills and energy of a local student in the Computer Science or IT discipline.
All you have to do is get in touch and register your interest. Then we’ll get busy matching you to a project that suits your talents...